NInC is facilitating the setting up of State Innovation Councils in each State to create a cross-cutting system to boost innovation performance in the country. The State Innovation Councils will replicate at the State level what NInC is undertaking at the national level. The Councils would drive the innovation agenda in the states and harness the core competencies, local talent, resources and capabilities to create new opportunities.
Each State Innovation Council will support its respective State Government to promote innovation in the State; encourage young talent and local universities, colleges, medium and small scale industries (MSME), and R&D institutes; map opportunities for innovation in the State; identify and reward talent in innovation and disseminate success stories; organise seminars, lectures, workshops on innovation; create a State innovation portal to educate and drive awareness or innovation; and provide input into the Innovation Roadmap 2010-2020 for the State.
- Communications from NInC
- Brief note on State Innovation Councils
- Presentation on State Innovation Councils
- Presentation on Role of NInC and SInC on Building Innovation Eco-system
- Useful resources for the State Innovation Councils.
- List of Constituted State Innovation Councils
- Contact Details of State Innovation Councils